[Samba] printer status w2K / cups

Tony McGrew tony at multicam.com
Mon Aug 5 11:52:02 GMT 2002

The RPM I used was for RH 7.3.  We had purchased 7.2 on the day 7.3 was made
available so I downloaded 7.3 and used it for the install, then updated
samba with the samba-2.2.0-1.i386.rpm from the 7.3 directory so I think it
is the right one.  I have another box here to play with so I am going to try
again, but not install and samba packages then try and compile samba and
cups myself and see if I can get it to work that way.   I thought the
printers were printing fine, but they are not always.  Bullets get changed
to ???? and sometimes letters are left out.  I printed an email from outlook
and it left out all the H.  I reprinted it and all the P's were left out.

Tony McGrew
WWW.Multicam.com <http://www.Multicam.com>