[Samba] Samba Printing with CUPS

Mark Vodden mark.vodden at clearchannel.co.uk
Mon Aug 5 07:43:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm a bit new to the whole Samba printing thing and need some help.  I am
running Caldera OpenLinux with Samba 2.2.4 and CUPS 1.1.10.  I have
successfully managed to upload print drivers to the Samba server from a
Windows NT client.  I have then managed to add the printers to several
windows clients without downloading drivers to them.  This appeared to work
fine, with excellent integration into our network.

However, upon reboot of the Caldera server I have found that windows clients
who need to add the printers now no longer recognise that the printers have
drivers associated with them.  This is pretty strange, as the drivers still
sit in the /var/spool/samba directory!!!  Can anyone help with this problem?

Below is a copy of my smb.conf (with senxitive information removed):

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup =
        server string = Caldera Samba Server