[Samba] Help with browser

Minero Hector B DLVA MineroHB at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Mon Aug 5 05:52:02 GMT 2002

I just have a simple question:
We just set up a Solaris Samba server and we're currently testing it.
Whenever we stop the smb service, it takes 5 to 10 minutes for
the Windows browser to delete the Samba server.  I other words, users still
see the server as being available, even though the server has stopped.
This behavior is not experienced when Windows 2000 servers go offline.  Is
there any setting on the SAMBA server that will notify the browser that is
no loger online?

Thanks,

Hector Minero
Systems Administrator