[Samba] Japanese Characters between Linux Server to Mac OS X Client

Suraj K. Rai surajrai at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 3 23:34:02 GMT 2002

Hi All,

What is the correct configuration to get Japanese Characters to
translate correctly between a Linux Server and Mac OS X Client?

I have set the following in smb.conf on my linux box:
	code page directory = /usr/share/samba/codepages
	client code page = 932
	coding system = UTF8

but this does not seem to work.. I have tried setting coding system to
SJIS, EUC and HEX and none seem to work...

Does anybody have this configuration and has anybody been able to make
this work?

My setup is:  Linux Redhat 7.3 with SAMBA 2.2.3
			  Mac OS X 10.1.5

Thanks,

S.r.