[Samba] Print Properties will not open on a Samba shared printer

Jason Corekin crazy_j_c at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 2 23:23:02 GMT 2002

I finally got my drivers to upload to the print$ share by using the add_print_package.pl script form imprints, and I was able to attach the driver to the printer created with SWAT (the rpc command: addprinter does not work) by using the rpc command: setdriver.  So at this point whenever I connect a client to the machine it no longer asks about trying to find a driver. However when I go to open the properties page for the printer the message  "Function address 0x6062e728 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0x0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed." from Windows, and then nothing else is displayed.  I am trying to share out an HP Color Inkjet CP1700 printer.  I am using Redhat Linux 7.3 and Samba 2.2.5 with the srv_spoolss_nt.patch patch and the parse_sec.patch patch and the clients I have tried so far have been Windows XP boxes, although we do have Win 2k boxes that will use the same driver as well. When I have the clients just install drivers locally the printer work fine.  What is going on with this?

Jason Corekin