[Samba] SUQ: Share permissions

Sorisio,Chris ChrisSorisio at PeakTechnical.com
Fri Aug 2 05:19:02 GMT 2002

When I create a test directory under the root share, it shows the following
permissions:

drwxr-xr-x    3 PEAK\SorisioCE PEAK\Domain Users       42 Aug  1 17:31 New
Folder

(smbcacls of New Folder)

REVISION:1
OWNER:PEAK\SorisioCE
GROUP:PEAK\Domain Users
ACL:PEAK\SorisioCE:ALLOWED/0/FULL
ACL:PEAK\Domain Users:ALLOWED/0/READ
ACL:everyone:ALLOWED/0/READ
ACL:PEAK\SorisioCE:ALLOWED/11/FULL
ACL:PEAK\Domain Users:ALLOWED/11/R
ACL:everyone:ALLOWED/11/R

Still, anyone who can write to the root share can delete New Folder.  I want
to set it so that anyone can /create/ folders under the root share, but only
the owner or admins can /delete/ all folders.

Permissions of the root share, /mnt/share/backup:

drwxrwxrwx    3 samba    root           23 Aug  1 15:55 backup

Thanks,

Chris