[Samba] Problem printing on Windows 2000

Joerg Demtroeder joerg.demtroeder at mobilcom.de
Fri Aug 2 01:27:02 GMT 2002

Hello,
slowly I get frustrated with my small Unix Server which shares some
directories and an old HP Deskjet via Samba.

The problem is that my Win95 system can print without a problem, but
my Win2k System ist able to connect to this printer.
Attached you will find the details from my System and the smb.conf
printer setup.
Would be great if you can tell me what you have done to solve this
problem, I will not belive that I am the only one.

Server OS : Suse 8.0
smbclient -L servername output:
        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        data           Disk      Data
        mnt            Disk      Temp Drives
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (Samba 2.2.3a)
        ADMIN$         Disk      IPC Service (Samba 2.2.3a)
        hp_500         Printer

smb.conf Drucker Teil:
[global]
        printing = cups