[Samba] Print jobs hang in Samba, don't go to UNIX spooler

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Thu Aug 1 11:02:06 GMT 2002

what are you running for the printer daemon?

If you're running lprng,
does "checkpc -V -f >/tmp/dump" show
anything useful when you read /tmp/dump?

Look to see if the print command=
entry has the explicit path to the
spooler-if it points to a symbolic link,
and the link has been broken, spooled
jobs won't print.  That's happened to me
after upgrading my OpenBSD-it reinstalls
lpd, etc, and LPRng is broken and needs
to be reinstalled.

Good luck,
  Jim