[Samba] Samba and a firewall

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Thu Aug 1 08:57:02 GMT 2002

I have the current hosts/lmhosts copied
to each PC during login to the domain,
then run nbtstar -R to import changes
This is an easy way to keep them current.

e.g.
::OS Check
if not .%WINBOOTDIR%.==.. goto Win9x
if not .%OS%.==.. goto WinNTI
goto end

:Win9x
ECHO Win9x
if exist c:\windows\hosts.old del c:\windows\hosts.old
ren c:\windows\hosts hosts.old
copy \\EODC2\NETLOGON\hosts c:\windows
if exist c:\windows\lmhosts.old del c:\windows\lmhosts.old
ren c:\windows\lmhosts lmhosts.old
copy \\EODC2\NETLOGON\lmhosts c:\windows
nbtstat -R

:WinNTI
ECHO Win NT Intel
if exist %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.old del
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.old
ren %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts hosts.old
copy \\EODC2\NETLOGON\hosts %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc
if exist %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts.old del
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts.old
ren %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\lmhosts lmhosts.old
copy \\EODC2\NETLOGON\lmhosts %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc
nbtstat -R

Jim