[Samba] FW: Print jobs hang in Samba, don't go to UNIX spooler

Windsor Dave (AdW/MOE2.1) Dave.Windsor at us.bosch.com
Thu Aug 1 08:45:02 GMT 2002

I hate to follow up on my own post, but here's an additional
bit of info:  I've tried changing the "print command" setting
in smb.conf to log the command and parameters when a job is
printed.  However, no output is ever logged; it's acting as if
the print job is being spooled but the print command isn't
being executed.  The print command I added is:

print command = echo Printing %s on %p >>/tmp/print.log; lp -c -d%p %s; rm
%s

The /tmp dir is writeable by all.  Now when I print from a PC
or smbclient, the job is spooled, never goes to the printer
and nothing is written to the /tmp/print.log.

Dave Windsor