[Samba] Samba and a firewall

Adrian Ciocildau adri_l at gmx.net
Thu Aug 1 08:21:03 GMT 2002

Hi guys !

I have a problem and I hope I can get some help here.

I want to run a Samba server on a linux firewall machine.
This firewall allowa all the udp pachets and also icmp. The firewall blocks
all TCP incomming connection exept on port 22 (ssh).

I have allowed incomming conection on 137, 138, and 139 (TCP) ports and I
stiil get an error message from windows clients. The computer appears in the
net but when I try to browse I get an error: "Network path not found !"

I hope the windows machine is using only 137-139 ports to open TCP connections
on the samba server .....

looking forward for your help,

Adrian Ciocildau