[Samba] Printing with cups

Paul Tykodi paul at intermate-us.com
Thu Aug 1 05:41:25 GMT 2002

Dear Laurent,

The OMNI driver support for CUPS has been recently added into the ESP
GhostScript version 7.05.4. If you visit the web site
http://www.linuxprinting.org and check the recent news section on the main
page, you can learn about the new version and its support for OMNI.

In order to use the new version of ESP GhostScript, you will first need to
update CUPS to version 1.1.15 and then add the ESP GhostScript as the second
step. Make sure you read the release note information regarding CUPS 1.1.15
because it explains how to integrate the ESP GhostScript package with CUPS
and covers how to make sure that you install the pstoraster function of ESP
GhostScript because the pstoraster function is not bundled with the basic
CUPS system anymore starting with release 1.1.15.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul
--