[Samba] Samba PDC & windows XP

Paolo Federici federici at CE.UniPR.IT
Tue Apr 30 07:33:03 GMT 2002

I'm sorry but at this moment I haven't received any useful information...
A strange thing is that some times, especially to the morning when I
power up my pc, it is  connected correctly to the PDC domain!!
Unfortunately this works only some time and I do not succeed to
understand why...

    Paolo Federici

Gary Browning wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am experiencing the same issue whereby Windows 2000 Professional can
> connect to my PDC, but Windows XP complains about the PDC being
> unavailable or something is wrong with the computer account.  I too
> have encrypted passwords and have applied the signorseal registry
> patch.  Also, I did confirm that the machine account got created in
> /etc/passwd and did make its way into the smbpasswd file.
>
> My question to you is, have you gotten this to work under XP or
> received any useful information?  I would really appreciate the
> information if available.
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Gary Browning
>

> ----------
> Gary Browning
> Office of Information Technologies
> Indiana University South Bend
> 1700 Mishawaka Avenue, Post Office Box 7111
> South Bend, IN  46634-7111
> ph-574-237-6516 / fax-574-237-4846
> gary at iusb.edu
> http://www.iusb.edu
> http://www.iusb.edu/~oit

| Paolo Federici                                                            |
|  Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione                             |
|  Parco Area delle Scienze 181/a                     FAX: +39(0521)905723  |
|  I-43100  Parma (ITALY)                             Tel: +39(0521)906221  |