[Samba] Can't save file, disk is full

Jon Gerdes gerdesj at whl.co.uk
Tue Apr 30 05:20:02 GMT 2002

Fred

The fact that you can use Explorer points to a fault with the application.  At a first guess I would look at things like case mappings and also length of paths/filenames.

Other things to consider - can you replicate the same problem with a Windows machine.  Eg map the c$ share on an NT/2000/XP box and try that.  The point here is to demonstrate that it *is* Samba.

You are using Samba 2.0.7.  The latest is 2.2.3a - do you have a compiler handy on the Solaris box ?

Cheers
Jon Gerdes

>>> Fred Dick <fredd at ci.aspen.co.us> 30/04/2002 00:29:59 >>>
Samba 2.0.7
Solaris 2.6

When I try and save a file from certain applications (e.g., Photoshop) to as
 amba mapped drive I get the error, "Can't save file, disk is full."

I then save to C:, open Windows Explorer and successfully transfer the filet
 o the samba mapped drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Fred