[Samba] Question on samba as PDC and fileserver

Chris Mason masonc at masonc.com
Mon Apr 29 13:12:02 GMT 2002

For a project I am working on I have to configure a Redhat 7.2 server as the
file server and PDC for a small company network of 12 workstations and a
couple of network printers. The client was happy to have a Linux server as
it will provide IMAP, DNS, and tape backup of the email and home
directories.
My question is, how well is Samba working as a PDC, how should I configure
the network so that Samba authenticates the users and provides name
resolution for the Windows machines.
Anything else to be aware of, any gotchas?

Chris Mason
masonc at masonc.com
Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
Tel: 264 497 5670 Fax: 264 497 8463
Take a virtual tour of the island
http://www.anguillaguide.com/ The Anguilla Guide
Find your perfect rental villa www.mycaribbean.com
Talk to me in real time:
MSN Instant Messenger: masonc92 at hotmail.com
ICQ 118159388 Yahoo:netconcepts_anguilla
US Fax and Voicemail: (605)253-1759