[Samba] authorise_login: rejected invalid user nobody

Mark Cooke mark at mmebs.co.uk
Mon Apr 29 03:08:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm using samba-2.2.3a and winbind to authenticate against out NT PDC,
but for some reason I cannot login ( I used to be able to), but now all I
get in the system logs for my machine is:

[2002/04/29 10:47:35, 0] smbd/password.c:authorise_login(872) \
authorise_login: rejected invalid user nobody

As I mentioned this used to work fine and the other people I setup can log
in fine.
I came into work this morning and tried to login using samba and ssh, but
both bring up this error in the /etc/samba/trinity.log (trinity being my
machine's hostname)

I don't have a uiser called nobody, as from what I see, if it cannot find
me, then it will try to login in with the user nobody's id.

running getent passwd and gentent group revels that I'm listed in the groups.
Restarting smb and winbind doesn't help either and also a reboot of my
workstation doesn't help  in this instance.

Doing a web search didn't revel much (but that could of been the words I
was searching for)

-----
Mark Cooke
Internet Operations Technician