[Samba] Win98 Login to 2.2.3a

Bob Hartung rwhart at netexpress.net
Sun Apr 28 21:04:02 GMT 2002

Hi all!
   I have a 2.2.3a samba server operating.  It is set to do it's own
authentication and does not act as either a PDC or a BDC.  Here is my problem:

   User 1:       BillAdmin       password1   group=RGadmin   OS=Win2k
   User 2:       SuptAdmin       password2   group=RGadmin   OS=Win98

Each user has their own directory and each can open, read and write files
to their own directory.  I am using encrypted passwords and passwords have
been added wit smbpasswd , etc.

I have established a third directory for them to share called Adminxfer and
have made the owner BillAdmin and the group RGadmin. The problem is that
while User2 can use the directory [including read and writes] User1 can
only read the directory.

I suspect it has something to do with User2 running Win98 but I cannot
figure out how to allow both to read and write to the shared directory.

Some nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
--

Bob Hartung, Bettendorf, IA