[Samba] Samba to w2k connection

Darren Young darren_young at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 28 10:32:02 GMT 2002

I have a win 2000 pro system WS01 in the workgroup LOL
with a couple of directories shared. When I try to
view the shares (smbclient -L) from my Samba machine
(RedHat 6.2, Samba 2.2.2) It tells me:

[root at fett /root]# smbclient -L \\WS01
added interface ip=192.168.5.3 bcast=192.168.5.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
Got a positive name query response from 127.0.0.1 (
192.168.5.50 )
Password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[LOL] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN
Manager]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
Error returning browse list: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess
(Access denied.)

        Server               Comment

        Workgroup            Master

Does 2000 have some type of restriction on guest
accounts by default? This wasn't the behaviour when
the machine was Win98 previously.

Any pointers to docs on running Win2K along side
Samba?

Thanks,

Darren Young