[Samba] printing to a remote win98 printer

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Apr 28 07:33:02 GMT 2002

This is a versatile printer with many options. Do you have to send some
setup string to make it talk postscript?
Are your print files good postscript? Print one to a file and try to read it
with gv. And, look at it with vi.
Once you have a good postscript file, just cat the file to the /dev/lp0 or
where ever the printer is attached. If that works, you should have no
trouble printing.
I bet you are using some complicated print filtering system instead of some
simple filter you wrote yourself.
Joel