[Samba] (No Subject)

JAN DE VERA ARDOSA janbenisse at eudoramail.com
Sun Apr 28 03:03:02 GMT 2002

Hi to all. I want to ask for help. We have an existing network running on windows 2000 & NT (2 box) and MS Exchange 2000 is installed on the windows 2000 box. I would to switch to Linux/Samba because of licensing headaches among other things. I know that with linux plus samba (2.2.xx) i can replace a linux PDC on our network thus relieving us of licenses requirement of MS. Now my question, Is it possible to demote the windows 2000 box from domain controller status to member without messing the exchange installation i know that it both uses active directory, we would to keep windows/exchange 2000 for a while to at least just use it cause these software were newly purchased. Thanks in advance and more power to open source community.

---
JAN D ARDOSA
NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR CULTURE AND THE ARTS