[Samba] printing to a remote win98 printer

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sat Apr 27 16:38:02 GMT 2002

It sounds like your postscript file is being interpreted as a text file by
your print filter.
You should have no trouble sending files to this printer.
Try
smbclient //server/printer
print PostScriptFile

Try this site, look under bedtime reading, and check out filters, if you
want an introduction to writing your own print filter.
http://www.opq.se/linux.nf/stepbystep.html

Joel