[Samba] Can not access samba server from NT 4.0

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sat Apr 27 08:09:02 GMT 2002

This sounds like progress.
Are you sure you have put in the right address?
Have you got a firewall set up keeping out the NT machine?
Have you looked in your /var/log/messages on the linux box for any hints?
Have you got you smb.conf keeping out some hosts/ipaddresses ?
can you access your samba server from you linux box with:
smbclient -L localhost

Joel