[Samba] Can't Samba working on RedHat 7.2

JimmyC topjimmi22 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 26 17:49:02 GMT 2002

Dear anyone who can help,

For more than a week now I have been trying to get Samba share with Windows 2000 clients over a DHCP network. Samba and SWAT are installed and running on my RedHat 7.2 Linux machine. I have been using several resources to reference when configuring the smb.conf but nothing seems to be working. I can see the Linux box in "my network places" but when I click it I get the infamous "network path was not found" error.
Do I need a domain controller?
Is it a DHCP thing or am I just not getting the smb.conf configured properly?

JimmyC