[Samba] LDAP + PAM

Peter Erickson redlamb at redlamb.net
Fri Apr 26 14:05:02 GMT 2002

This is probably a really stupid question, but i was wondering if I were to use ldap with samba 2.2.3a, do I really need to use pam? I was kind of hoping to use ldap like i did with smbpasswd. To add a user, I first add the user to the /etc/passwd file and then add the user to the ldap directory. I know that pam woould probably be easier, but I really dont want to mess around with pam quite yet. If it means anything I am using a freebsd machine. Thanks in advance.