[Samba] samba 2.2.3a loses WINS registration

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Apr 26 11:10:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Andrew Morgan wrote:
>

> > Since upgrading to Samba 2.2.3a on several of our servers, we are having
> > trouble with nmbd not maintaining the WINS registration.  After the WINS
> > server expires the record, our users in other subnets cannot find the
> > server.  Restarting nmbd registers the server again in WINS, but nmbd
> > doesn't reregister at 20 minute intervals as before.
>
> I think I remember jeremy fixing something like post 2.2.3a.  Please
> test the SAMBA_2_2 cvs tree and see if you still experience the
> problem.
>
> For some reason I thought we had fixed this before....

Okay, I checked out SAMBA_2_2 just now, but I'm getting an error when I
compile it.  I'm using:

./configure --prefix=/private/samba --without-winbind --with-syslog

and the make goes for a while, then gives me:

Compiling tdb/tdbbackup.c
Linking bin/tdbbackup
Compiling utils/make_printerdef.c
Linking bin/make_printerdef
Compiling utils/smbpasswd.c
utils/smbpasswd.c: In function `join_domain_byuser':
utils/smbpasswd.c:354: invalid operands to binary !=
make: *** [utils/smbpasswd.o] Error 1

Any ideas?

Thanks,
	Andy