[Samba] net rpc join

Douglas G. Phillips csdgp at eiu.edu
Fri Apr 26 07:19:04 GMT 2002

> net help rpc join

net rpc join -U <username>[%password] [options]
         to join a domain with admin username & password
                 password will be prompted if none is specified

<snip>

Valid miscellaneous options are:
        -U or --user=<name>             user name

<snip>

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 05:07:33PM -0700, Matt Rice wrote:
> testing a recent cvs snapshot
> i noticed that smbpasswd -j  is deprecated
> net rpc join
> doesnt seem to work when RestrictAnonymous is enabled on my windows system
> it doesn't seem like there is a -U switch which was essential to
> smbpasswd actually being able to create a machine account.
>
> matt
>

> --

Douglas G. Phillips
ITS/User Services
Eastern Illinois University

--
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z,
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."