[Samba] smbspool to NT printer

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Apr 26 04:38:21 GMT 2002

I don't know a thing about NT but:
Have you tried, from your linux box:
smbclient //server/printer
Then, do the user/password thing
Then:
print Printfile
Of course, it would help if Printfile were formated for your printer.
If that works, you should be able to print without much trouble.
The print command to use, if this all works, is:
cat Printfile | smbclient //server/printer (PaswordStuff) -c " print -"
Or something close to it. If THIS works, then learning to set up a print filter
should be your next project.
If you have a postscript printer, you might not even need to reformat your
documents to print them. Just print your document to a file, then use the
above command to send it to your printer. I am not even sure if you would
need lprng or whatever if this works and meets your needs.
Joel