[Samba] Group policy for Win2K/XP

Mac dmccann at nibsc.ac.uk
Fri Apr 26 04:20:04 GMT 2002

>From: "Russell McGregor" <DTSA20 at brisbane.qld.gov.au>
>To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
>Subject: [Samba] Group policy for Win2K/XP
>Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:32:11 +1000
>
>Has anyone looked in to domain policy for Win2K/XP machines from a SAMBA co=
>ntrolled domain?
>
>I have played around with these policies from within a Win2K AD-domain, and=
> wondered if I can carry my policies over to a SAMBA domain.
>
>Any info, or reference to relevent documentation is appreciated.

Ditto.  I'd very much like to see this if possible.

Other thought:-

The 3.0 version is moving towards this.  See

	http://ie.samba.org/samba/development.html

(or your local mirror)

Also, are you aware of Samba TNG

	http://www.samba-tng.org/

                               Mac
          Assistant Systems Adminstrator @nibsc.ac.uk
                        dmccann at nibsc.ac.uk
   Work: +44 1707 654753 x285      Everything else: +44 7956 237670 (anytime)