[Samba] [Fwd: cannot access share from XP/w2K]

Uwe Melcher uwe.melcher at o3sis.com
Fri Apr 26 00:32:10 GMT 2002

 Hye

 i runnning Samba 2.2.1a on RedHat 7.2.

 If i access a shre with group-permissions from XP i get an error-message
 which tolds me that this share does not exist or is renamed. From Win2K
 i can access the share from explorer but if i try to open a MS-Office
 document from the "File Open" Box i receive a nearly the same message.

 Other shares (publics and user homedirectories) works well.

 here an example for an share from my smb.conf:

 [template]                                                                                                                                      comment = my service template
 path = /var/tmp
 browseable = no
 public = no
 printable = yes
 writeable = yes
 create mask = 0660
 directory mask = 0770
 force create mode = 0660
 force directory mode = 0770
 hide files = /.*/*.php*/*.inc/*.lib/
 veto files = /.*/*.php*/*.inc/*.lib

 [Developer]                                                                                                                                       copy = template
 comment = Developer
 path =/var/Developer
 browseable = yes
 writelist = @develop
 force group = +develop

 I found no soulution in various documents which helps me to solve this
 problem.

 --
 best regards

 Uwe Melcher