[Samba] Re: Canon ImageRUNNER 600, Samba and LPRng

William R. Knox wknox at mitre.org
Thu Apr 25 09:37:02 GMT 2002

I am much more likely to hate the people who wrote the contracts
management program (for which we pay) than people who write a program for
free ;-)

As I said, we can do this with a print filter, so it is not going to break
anything that cannot be fixed in another way (and with open source, there
is always the code-editing other way as well). There's feature rich and
feature crazy, and no point in keeping around an option that falls into
the second category (the counter argument would of course be that if the
feature isn't causing a noticeable degree of code bloat, is it really
worth getting rid of it - to be fair, though, where we are using it is
really a kludge, anyway).

I suppose the only caveat would be to make big notes in the CHANGES file
when it goes away, but you guys are very good about that, so I expect that
would have been done anyway. Thanks.

			Bill Knox
			Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
			The MITRE Corporation