[Samba] Re: Canon ImageRUNNER 600, Samba and LPRng

William R. Knox wknox at mitre.org
Thu Apr 25 08:20:03 GMT 2002

Actually, we use the "postscript" parameter on some of our printer shares
that are specifically used by a poorly behaved (with regards to printing,
anyway) DOS-based contract program that generates PostScript output that
requires the prefixing of a %!. We could also do this with a print filter,
but the availability of the "postscript" parameter made things nice and
easy. This is likely one of those things (much like share modes) that,
once it exists, is a hard thing of which to rid oneself.

			Bill Knox
			Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst
			The MITRE Corporation