[Samba] alloc_mem with cups - printing

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Apr 25 05:42:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 martin.hechenberger at mpreis.at wrote:

> The drivers used are Lexmark Optra T610,T610, R+, 1225, HP Laserjet 2200
> and the respective PPDs for Cups by Adobe. All Values in this function are
> 0, pointer=nil at this time, so alloc must fail. don't know why.

Sounds like the driver has not created its printer data.
You're serving the printer drivers from the Samba box right?
Change some setting on the samba printer like "page orientation"
and it will cause the driver to initialize itself.

I'll clean up the error message anyways.  Thanks.

> BTW: How can I avoid this:  Unable to print file to Print_01 -
> client-error-document-format-not-supported

Are you getting this on the Windows client?  Samba only supports
RAW printing for driver download.

cheers, jerry