[Samba] About your howto and licenses

Davide Dozza davide.dozza at yacme.com
Thu Apr 25 02:28:02 GMT 2002

Hi Tim,

I hope you can help me in clarifying my ideas.
I have read your howto in order to set Samba as Windows domain member.
I have exactly the same your configuration with DC used only for
authentication purpose. All shares are on the Samba server and nothing
apart authentication is provided by the DC.
The question is: clients partecipating to the domain (authenticated by
the DC) must have the Microsoft Call License? That is, it is necessary
for every client to have the licence required to connect to a Microsoft
server even if it does not share anything?

D.