[Samba] Joining a Windows XP machine to a Samba PDC

Lance Myatt tiggerm at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 24 17:53:02 GMT 2002

I am trying to join a Windows XP machine to a Samba PDC, but I keep receiving the error "no mapping between account names and security ID's was done".  I am running the latest stable release (2.2.3a), and have followed the instructions in the Samba-PDC-HOWTO.  I have created machine accounts manually, and have been able to join a Windows 2000 machine to the domain.

I have looked on USENET for a solution, but no one seems to have the definitive solution.  Does anyone here know the cause of this problem and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

Lance