[Samba] errors when browsing samba shares

Scott P. Daffron scott at cs.odu.edu
Wed Apr 24 14:36:51 GMT 2002

Samba gurus,

A few of my Windows 2000 users report sporadic problems when trying to
access samba shares on a Solaris 8 server.  The problems they report
manifest themselves in either an popup box saying the share is
unavailable or in that accessing the share takes an very long time.  After
noting the specific times these problems are reported, and checking logs,
I am suspect of the following error.   I have no idea if it is relevant.
Any ideas?

# grep call_nt log.nreifert
[2002/04/16 09:47:50, 0] smbd/nttrans.c:call_nt_transact_ioctl(2387)
  call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.

-Scott