[Samba] Permissions

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Apr 24 13:58:03 GMT 2002

Post your smb.conf file for the share. You may have to use the:
create mask (S)
              A synonym for this parameter is create mode .

              When a file is created, the  necessary  permissions
              are  calculated  according  to the mapping from DOS
              modes to UNIX permissions, and the  resulting  UNIX
              mode  is then bit-wise 'AND'ed with this parameter.
              This parameter may be thought of as a bit-wise MASK
              for  the UNIX modes of a file. Any bit not set here
              will be removed from the modes set on a  file  when
              it is created.

              The  default  value  of  this parameter removes the
              'group' and 'other' write and execute bits from the
              UNIX modes.

Note: The default behavior sounds like what you are seeing.
Joel