[Samba] Samba 2.2.3a and Windows XP Pro

K. Hawkes k.hawkes at zombies.force9.net
Wed Apr 24 13:56:02 GMT 2002

We've now got a Windows XP machine we'd like to add to our domain.
Simple enough, I add it to the domain, it says 'Welcome to the TEST Domain'.
I apply the registry patch in the samba 2.2.3a archive and reboot.

When it comes to login, I type in a valid user 'Administrator' in this case
and select the domain of TEST.
It says it can't connect to the server or find the domain or something like
that.

User Administrator works on a Win98SE machine, has an account on the domain
etc.
All IP addresses and Netbios names are setup also.  So I'm wondering what
the problem is.

Should I have put the registry patch FIRST and THEN join to domain?

Any ideas?

Kris

"May darkness be your only ally, for in the shadows you can hide" - Kris
1998-2002
"Happiness is but a dream, an unobtainable dream, quit dreaming." - Kris
2002

---