[Samba] W2K user needs root rights in Samba, how can I set it up?

Kevin Bramblett kbramblett at dssresearch.com
Wed Apr 24 11:47:03 GMT 2002

I have a BackupExec program running on a W2K server which needs to backup
data on my RHL 7.2 machine running Samba 2.2.3a-20020206 and winbind.  How
can I give this BackupExec program (which has its own user) the rights it
needs to copy and change the archive bit of various files in various
user/group directories?  This is the last portion I need to get fixed so I
can change all permissions to their appropriate levels of security.

All help is very much appreciated.

Kevin Bramblett