[Samba] Printing troubles

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Wed Apr 24 10:22:03 GMT 2002

Our print server (linux 2.2.19, Debian unstable, with the 2.2.3a-6 package)
had a bit of trouble yesterday, and after getting everything back up and
working, printing is now broken.  I can print from the commandline, but not
through samba.

 From a 2000 client, I can see the printer shares, but can't ever actually
print to them ("Could not start print job.")  If I open the server in
Network Neighbourhood, and browse the 'Printers' share, I get errors on the
samba server (signal 11 in smbd), and can no longer access the server
without restarting samba -- "Remote Procedure call failed."

I can post the logs if need be, as well as the printer config, just
wondering if anyone has any ideas beforehand.  I did a quick check through
the archives, but couldn't find anything.