[Samba] Compiling Samba 2.2.3a with LDAP

Peter Erickson redlamb at redlamb.net
Wed Apr 24 08:59:02 GMT 2002

I am trying to compile samba 2.2.3a with ldap support and after running configure --with-ldapsam, it bombs about 3/4 of the way through with the following error:
checking whether to support ACLs... no
checking whether to build winbind... no, unsupported on freebsd4.4
checking configure summary
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

Then if I look at the end of the config.log, i have this error:
configure:12936: checking whether to build winbind
configure:13019: gcc -o conftest -O    conftest.c -lldap -llber -lresolv  -lcrypt 1>&5
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lldap
configure: failed program was:
#line 13015 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include "./tests/summary.c"

Can any one give me any idea on how to fix this please? All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Peter Erickson
redlamb at redlamb.net