[Samba] Problem with Samba2.2.3a

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Wed Apr 24 06:36:02 GMT 2002

Hello Hemant,
You will need either the HP ANSI C compiler (NOT the one that ships with
HPUX for free) or the
gcc C complier to compile SAMBA on HPUX.  That is the reason you are getting
the configure errors
you are getting.
If you do not wish to compile for 11.i,  You can get the binaries for 2.2.3a
from HP software web site for free:  http://www.software.hp.com  under the
'network and system management' section.
It is called "cifs/9000 server 2.2a".  It is a software depot that is
installable via HP's swinstall.  If you have a support contract with HP, you
can also get support for this version directly from HP, just like you do
with the HP-UX operating system.
You can also get these binaries from the samba.org web site:

http://us1.samba.org/samba/ftp/bin-pkgs/hp/samba2.2.3a/

Hope this helps!
Don