[Samba] Permissions

martin at digconn.co.uk martin at digconn.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 03:51:33 GMT 2002

Heeelllp,

I am strugling with permisions for Samba. I must have missed something.

I have chmod the parent folder.
I have set up a group and made all users part of the group.
I have set file permissions for everybody to access all files.

The problem I have is that each time someone opens a file the group write permissions are reset and nobody else can edit that file. If you go to the samba server and change the permissions anybody can open and edit the file and save but then noone else can write to it until the permissions are altered.

When you create a file it is created under the group but without group write access.

Have I missed a setting in smb.conf. How is one supposed the share files if other members of the group cannot access it.

Thanks

Martin