[Samba] Configure failure: solaris 8 --with-ldapsam

Mark Taylor mark.taylor at killbygayford.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 03:13:03 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 19:02, Caleb Clark wrote:
> Hi, ive been working on this for a while now.
>
> Samba-2.2.2, samba-2.2.3a both do the same thing, fail with configure
> --with-ldapsam on solaris 8.
>
> Ive got openldap 2.0.18 compiled from source and installed in /usr/local
Hi Caleb,

I had exactly the same problem myself. What solved it for me was using
openldap 2.0.23. It's now working beautifully on an production E420
server with several hundred Windoze workstations!
If you need any more help feel free to ask - I'm just putting the
finishing touches on a HOWTO detailing how to use LDAP as the
authentication back-end for a mixed Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD & Windows
environment.

best regards,

Mark

--
Just another farmer working on source code at night...