[Samba] Windows XP guest problem

Stian B. Barmen stian at barmen.nu
Wed Apr 24 01:51:02 GMT 2002

Tjenare! :)

I think one way to fix this is to use the "Map Network Drive.." which
you find when you right click "My Computer". Here you can specify the
UNC path to you're samba server and then specify a valid
username/password.

This problem is a Windows XP "feature" and has nothing to do with Samba.

Another way to solve this is to add you're Windows XP machine to a
domain and log on with a user that has the appropriate security
credentials.

Med vennlig hilsen

Stian B. Barmen