[Samba] The Network path was not found - Please help

Desmond Quek dquek at jni.com
Tue Apr 23 15:01:02 GMT 2002

	Yes, lmhosts helps!

Thanks,
Desmond

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Samba] The Network path was not found - Please help
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:41:03 -0400
From: Joel Hammer <Joel at HammersHome.com>
To: Desmond Quek <dquek at jni.com>, samba at lists.samba.org

Does using lmhosts solve the problem? If so, you should be able to solve
the
problem with DNS.

BTW, we (I) may be confounding ourselves (myself) with terminology.
Cross net browsing is not quite the same thing as allowing clients to
find your server on a different subnet (I think). The clients aren't
really browsing in that case, just being pointed to a particular
machine.

Joel