[Samba] Samba+Ldap - trying to change password

Peter Erickson redlamb at redlamb.net
Tue Apr 23 11:29:02 GMT 2002

Thanks for all the help with this issue. I just found out what the problem was. Originally, smbldap-passwd.pl was setup to call the following on line 170

$ret = system "$ldappasswd $dn -s $pass > /dev/null";

Looking at the man page, ldappasswd is expecting the user ($dn) to be the last thing of the command so you must change the above line to

$ret = system "$ldappasswd -s $pass $dn > /dev/null";

Again, thanks for the help.