[Samba] configuring printer

sidharth walia sidharth_sh at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 21 22:39:02 GMT 2002

dear sir
I Have configured SAMBA2.2.3A on my unix machien with
solaris8 Operating system and now I want to connect
that machine to the windows printer.
I have put the smbprint file printcap file and config
files but I am not sure of the entries.All the sites
are providing with linux operating system but with no
support for solaris 8.I have also put an entry in the
/usr/local/samba/examples/printing/smbprint.sysv
and then i am running the lpadmin command which
accepts the printer.

I also start the Samba daemons by using pkill -HUP
inetd
please guide me for this
Thanks and regards
Sidharth