[Samba] Invalid pass after win98 ug?

Chris Tooley ctooley at amoa.org
Sun Apr 21 13:07:02 GMT 2002

You need to read about encrypted passwords in the documentation.
Windows 98 uses encrypted passwords by default and the earlier versions
of Windows 95 use plaintext passwords.  You can force both versions of
Windows to do whichever one you decide to do.  If you only have one
win98 box on the network you'll probably want to use plaintext passwords
to start and figure out how to move everyone to encrypted passwords.

Chris Tooley