[Samba] Samba as a domain controller

Paul Richardson phantompgr at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 21 05:31:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

Have come across a weird problem and wondered if anyone had any bright
ideas....

Have been using Samba to get a Win2K computer to log on to a domain of which
Samba is the domain master. This has worked fine for ages as it domain
authenticates and loads up the individual user share.

However, for some reason, when I log into the Win2K, it comes up with no
user preferences, no shares and loops around an error saying "there was an
error in explorer.exe". This makes it OS unuseable and I have to log off
again.

Thought it might be Win2K but using the computers own domain works fine with
no problems at all.

The computer is acting like it almost cannot find the domain master and yet
was able to join the domain successfully consistently.

Any help much appreciated....

PGR

P.Richardson

phantompgr at hotmail.com