[Samba] W2k protection fault w/HP drivers and Samba 2.2

Mark Kunzmann mark at zeugma.ch
Sun Apr 21 04:29:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm having a major problem getting my HP DeskJet 840C to work correctly with
Samba (2.2.1a-4 - RedHat 7.2) and Windows 2000 Professional. Whenever I try
to view the properties for the printer the Windows 2000 box throws "Function
address 0x6062c92f caused a protection fault (exception code 0x0000005).
Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed." I don't get this error
when I hook up the printer directly to the W2k box and install the exact
same driver. I have set up a [print$] for Samba as explained in the
documentation and indeed the driver up/download functionality seems to be
working perfectly. The rest of my Samba file shares are also performing
great.
I have seen a couple of other people run into this in the archives but can't
find anyone who's posted a solution. This has been keeping me busy for days
now - ANY pointers on this problem would be very much appreciated indeed!!
Thanks.

cheers,
Mark